| Author |
Message |
A.M.R
Newbie
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: Hierarchical Grouping Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:40am |
|
Greetings, I am using Crystal Report v.10 and I need to create a report in the form of parent/child group. I used the hierarchical grouping feature. However, the report came out in an unexpected form as it displayed the summarization of parent group after it directly not as what was I expect or expected (i.e., after the last child or grandchild) of a parent. However, when I used the v.12 of the program it gave me what I want but on the other hand we are using the v.10 within my work place and shifting to v.12 will be hard at present. Is there any tips or tricks to generate the report as parent->child->child summary->parent summary instead of parent->parent summary->child->child summary!
|
|
Do not think outside the Box. Think like there is no Box
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 4:57am |
|
Not entirely sure what the issue is...are you having problems with summarized data?
In your group summary how did you use the 'Summarize across hierarchy' option?
|
IP Logged |
|
A.M.R
Newbie
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 9:51am |
|
Greetings,
The problem is that I am using v.10 of crystal report and I want to design a report which takes the form of a tree, for example, the hierarchical chain of management (i.e., employee\manager), the problem is that v.10 of crystal report provide what is so-called hierarchical grouping option in which you specify the parent\child report fields which is used by the crystal report to generate such hierarchy. However, the v.10 of crystal report had some sort of a drawback in doing this as it takes the following form:
Parent-GroupHeader
Parent-GroupFooter
Child-GroupHeader
Child-GroupFooter
Child of Child-GroupHeader
Child of Child-GroupFooter
So if I make a summary on a specific field within the data of the report, for example, how many employees a given manager manages, that summary comes just right after the manager data not after the last employee it manage
Mohammad (Big Boss)
Total 8 employees
Yasser (Manager)
Total 5 employees
Gasem (Supervisor)
Total 3 employees
What I need is that the report being displayed like that
Mohammad (Big Boss)
Yasser (Manager)
Gasem (Supervisor)
Total 3 employees
Total 5 employees
Total 8 employees
I hope that my point of view becomes clear
Edited by A.M.R - 11 Apr 2016 at 9:53am
|
|
Do not think outside the Box. Think like there is no Box
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|