Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Subreport uses SQL Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
elamantia
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote elamantia Replybullet Topic: Subreport uses SQL
     Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 10:04am
Hi, I'm using CR XI. I've created a report against an oracle DB and it contains a subreport against a SQL DB. When I try to view the report, it doesn't seem to be able to connect to the SQL DB. We use Windows AD authentication for the SQL DB but not for the Oracle.
Hope you can help!
Thanks so much!!
Eileen
minnie_eye
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 4:49am
Does the report run against the SQL DB when not a sub-report (i.e, save the sub-report, open as a report, run, supply parameters if necessary)?
IP IP Logged
elamantia
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote elamantia Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 5:46am
Yes, it runs on it's own and in the report from my CR Client. It's just after I publish it that the subreport won't run.
Thanks, Eileen
minnie_eye
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 6:43am
When you say that it does not run, do you get an error message or just no data?
IP IP Logged
elamantia
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote elamantia Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 7:00am
I will run the report from a URL. After I enter the logon information for the report another logon screen comes up for the sub-report. If I just run the subreport as a report on it's own, It gives the following message, 'The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect. '
minnie_eye
IP IP Logged
elamantia
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote elamantia Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 1:14pm
Have I stumped you?   
minnie_eye
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 4:58am
Sorry not stumped, just real busy.  You say you run from a URL.  So I am assuming that you are running from an application.  Thus somewhere the database login information has to be set.  We run our reports from the SAP BI Enterprise system.  There is an place to set set the database login information.
IP IP Logged
elamantia
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote elamantia Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 5:47am
Once I publish the report, I go to BI and set the logon info. If I go to Preview in BI, it will not run. If I run it from the URL, it will not run. If I run it from CR Client it will run.
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!!
minnie_eye
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 7:50am
In the CMC, right click on the report make sure the database configuration is set correctly.  One caveat.  If you update the report from the designer, it will reset the database configuration unless you change the refresh options for the report (uncheck the Default database logon information).  The setting have changed a little bit over the years.  We are using BI 4.0.

I hope this helps.


Edited by kevlray - 17 Nov 2015 at 7:53am
IP IP Logged
elamantia
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote elamantia Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:22am
I'm pretty sure our problems are in the database configuration in CMC. Where do you uncheck the default database logon info? When I click About in CMC it says product 11.5.
minnie_eye
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum