| Author |
Message |
elamantia
Newbie
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Topic: Subreport uses SQL Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 10:04am |
|
Hi, I'm using CR XI. I've created a report against an oracle DB and it contains a subreport against a SQL DB. When I try to view the report, it doesn't seem to be able to connect to the SQL DB. We use Windows AD authentication for the SQL DB but not for the Oracle.
Hope you can help!
Thanks so much!!
Eileen
|
|
minnie_eye
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 4:49am |
|
Does the report run against the SQL DB when not a sub-report (i.e, save the sub-report, open as a report, run, supply parameters if necessary)?
|
IP Logged |
|
elamantia
Newbie
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 5:46am |
|
Yes, it runs on it's own and in the report from my CR Client. It's just after I publish it that the subreport won't run.
Thanks, Eileen
|
|
minnie_eye
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 6:43am |
|
When you say that it does not run, do you get an error message or just no data?
|
IP Logged |
|
elamantia
Newbie
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 7:00am |
|
I will run the report from a URL. After I enter the logon information for the report another logon screen comes up for the sub-report. If I just run the subreport as a report on it's own, It gives the following message, 'The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect. '
|
|
minnie_eye
|
IP Logged |
|
elamantia
Newbie
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 1:14pm |
Have I stumped you?
|
|
minnie_eye
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 4:58am |
|
Sorry not stumped, just real busy. You say you run from a URL. So I am assuming that you are running from an application. Thus somewhere the database login information has to be set. We run our reports from the SAP BI Enterprise system. There is an place to set set the database login information.
|
IP Logged |
|
elamantia
Newbie
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 5:47am |
|
Once I publish the report, I go to BI and set the logon info. If I go to Preview in BI, it will not run. If I run it from the URL, it will not run. If I run it from CR Client it will run.
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!!
|
|
minnie_eye
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 7:50am |
|
In the CMC, right click on the report make sure the database configuration is set correctly. One caveat. If you update the report from the designer, it will reset the database configuration unless you change the refresh options for the report (uncheck the Default database logon information). The setting have changed a little bit over the years. We are using BI 4.0.
I hope this helps.
Edited by kevlray - 17 Nov 2015 at 7:53am
|
IP Logged |
|
elamantia
Newbie
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:22am |
|
I'm pretty sure our problems are in the database configuration in CMC. Where do you uncheck the default database logon info? When I click About in CMC it says product 11.5.
|
|
minnie_eye
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|