Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreports are a bust. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mbooher
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote mbooher Replybullet Topic: Subreports are a bust.
     Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 5:06am

Hi All,

I am a newbie with crystal reports.  I have a statement report that I am trying to recreate from a legacy desktop program to use in a new web app.

I am creating Stored Procedures in SQL Server to use as data sources for my reports. 

I have created exactly the report I need using a main report and 2 sub reports.  The main report and sub reports all use a different stored procedure as a data source.

My problem is that for this report the run time in the web app is totally unacceptable for normal use. I have had some help optimizing the SP’s, but that doesn’t help much when running and printing the report. 

So my question is, is there a way to emulate 3 separate report areas in the same report each with its own group headers and footers and detail sections so that I can have the detail from sub report 1 and detail from sub report 2 on the same report?

If you would rather point me to a place where this is described, please feel free.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Michele

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 8:26am
The only way I can think of to do this would be to do a command or stored procedure that contains a union query of the two sets of details, adding the text "Detail1" and "Detail2" as a field, possibly named "Section" in the separate selects in the union. You would then group first on this section field. If the groupings are different between the two subreports, you would also want to set up fields aliased as "Group2", Group3", etc. in each select to dynamically set the groups.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
mbooher
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote mbooher Replybullet Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 2:39am
Thanks Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum