Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Calculating on a string field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sanchezgmc06
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Quote sanchezgmc06 Replybullet Topic: Calculating on a string field
     Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 9:15am
Hello,
 
I am not sure if this is possible
 
I have a field that brings back a string like the following:
category1&category2&category3&category4
 
What I need to do is seperate these and then I wil need to do do a count on each category. Ideally I would like to do this using a crosstab if possible.
IP IP Logged
praveeng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Quote praveeng Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 10:11pm
Hi,

Create 4 formulas as below,
split({Sheet1_.test},".")[1]
split({Sheet1_.test},".")[2]
split({Sheet1_.test},".")[3]
split({Sheet1_.test},".")[4]
place the above formulas in detials section. and right click on the formula and select insert -> summary and
select summary as Count

--Praveen G
Praveen Guntuka,
praveen_guntuka@yahoo.com
IP IP Logged
sanchezgmc06
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Quote sanchezgmc06 Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 9:44am
Thank you
 
I created 4 formulas like the following
Ubound(Split({TableName.FieldName},"x"))-1
Then did a sum on each formula
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum