Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Error loading a Crystal Report in Visual Studio 20 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
macyp
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote macyp Replybullet Topic: Error loading a Crystal Report in Visual Studio 20
     Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:07am
I have an application in Visual Studio 2005 that I converted to Visual Studio 2012. I installed the new Service Pack for Crystal Reports. The application complies fine, but the Crystal reports wouldn't open. It says "Problem opening the report". The application log is below:

"Application: FlowSheets.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException Stack: at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, IntPtr, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, IntPtr, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, IntPtr, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, Byte[], System.Configuration.Assemblies.AssemblyHashAlgorithm, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef) at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(System.String) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion.DataSetConverter.DataSetProcessingDelegate(IntPtr) "

I cannot figure out what the issue is. I can open the report in Visual Studio 2012 and edit the report. I just cannot make the report run.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:28pm
This is telling me that there is a file that the system is unable to find.

When you say "new Service Pack for Crystal Reports" I assume that you mean SP 15 for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio. Here are a couple of things to be aware of:

1. The new CR for VS does not "play well" when installed side-by-side with earlier versions of the SDK. So, if your computer has both VS 2005 and VS 2012 installed, you'll need to uninstall the old version of the SDK from VS 2005 in order to get everything working with the new one.

2. Do not target your application for "any CPU". You'll need to target it specifically for either X86 (32-bit) or X64 (64-bit).

Is this a web app or windows app? I see that you're referencing the Report Application Server - what are you trying to do in the application? Are you connecting to either BusinessObjects or Crystal Reports Server? Or are you using unmanaged RAS? If you're connecting to BO or CRS, then you cannot use the Crystal for VS SDK as it not longer contains the "enterprise" assemblies. Instead, you'll need to uninstall Crystal for VS and install the .NET SDK for the platform.

-Dell

-Dell
IP IP Logged
macyp
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote macyp Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 4:35am
I have problems uninstalling Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0. No matter how many times I uninstall, it still shows up in the Add/Remove Programs list. I am on Windows 7.
2) I already have the target CPU to x86.
3) It is a windows app
4) Trying to find out if the app is using managed or unmanaged RAS.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum