Topic: Data type treated differently Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 10:16pm
Hi all,
I have a data field that contains the reference "FTL123456 and "FTL654321"
I have 2 versions of Crystal reports, and both of them recognise this field as a currency datatype, however
Version XI requires the field to be treated as a String in formulas, whereas version 2011 requires it to be treated as a number or currency amount, which seems correct for the datatype.
I have 2 questions -
Why are they recognised as currency? Being Alphanumeric I'd have thought they'd be a string
Why do the two different versions require the field to be treated differently?
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 4:25am
I have not used .txt as a data source in recent history. Not sure what engine Crystal Reports uses to ID the data. Other than having a formula detect the data type (i.e. isnumeric), I am not sure of a solution.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum