Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Parameter Drop-Down Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Topic: Parameter Drop-Down
     Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 9:34am
Hi,

I am trying to use a Dynamic parameter, and in my drop-down I am only seeing a certain amount of data, not all of it. Am I doing something wrong? This is my first time at using Dynamic parameters.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 5:49am
There is a limit (do not remember the exact number), if I remember correctly, it is dependent on the version of Crystal Reports.  How many items are you looking for?
IP IP Logged
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 5:56am
Thanks for the reply. This file could get up into the hundreds...
IP IP Logged
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 8:14am
I can't seem to find any info on this. It doesn't make sense to me that it would be limited.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 10:23am
I remember seeing this issue in other forums (BOB, Business Objects Board). I seem to remember that there may be a way to modify a registry setting to allow more objects.
IP IP Logged
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 10:54am
if it's outside of Crystal, I can't do it, but possibly something our IT guys could do...thanks, I will try to research and see if I can find anything on that.

thanks again!
IP IP Logged
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 10:55am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum