Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Select Records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
joecall
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote joecall Replybullet Topic: Select Records
     Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:39am
Is it possible to select records based on an external list of criteria? For example, I have a large database from which I want to select only 100 records.
HelpJoe
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 11:36am
Are you using a command or stored procedure?  If so, maybe you put a sub-query into the sql to just return the list you want (I have not tried this, it just a thought).
IP IP Logged
joecall
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote joecall Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 11:41am
It looks like I'm into this way over my head. I don't know what you mean by "using a command or stored procedure", and don't know how to use sql yet. The only thing I can do right now is use the select icon. Is there any easy way to do this?
HelpJoe
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum