Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: replace tables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Gurbs
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
Quote Gurbs Replybullet Topic: replace tables
     Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 12:02am
Hi all,
I got 1 big Crystal file, that generates letters from our system. We have about 200 different letters, that all have their own section, and depending on the letter code, we suppress all sections but the relevant one.

This report is based on 1 main table, and several other tables/views. This main table is emptied and filled every time a letter is requested by the end user.

Now I have been asked by management to automate this generation process. The problem is, that my main table is empty during the day, and only generated when the end user requests something manual.

I created a new process, where all information is collected in 1 command (alternatively I can fill my own table, so I would have 1 table instead of 20+).

However, I can't just remove all tables and add this command. When we started building this file, we had no knowledge of CR, so a lot of fields are used directly in the report, not in formula's.

I know I can replace 1 table by 1 table at a time. However, that process is useless as I need to replace all tables with this 1.

My question is, is there a way to replace all tables with the 1 new table, without having to rebuild the entire file? This would save me many many hours if it was possible.

Thanks a lot in advance
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 4:57am
I have heard of third party solutions that might work.  Unfortunately I do not have the names of any of these handy.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum