Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Data Matrix Barcodes Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
veg_racer
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote veg_racer Replybullet Topic: Data Matrix Barcodes
     Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:28pm
Hello Everyone,

I'm a forum & Crystal newbie! I have been asked to write some reports to extract information from our new stock database. One of the tasks I have been given is to extract a product serial number and output it as a Data-matrix barcode. I have had a quick Google and it seems entirely possible with some additional software. Does anyone have any experience using any of the software? Is there a way to do it for free? Does anyone have any recommendations as to which software I should go for as there seems to be quite a few!
IP IP Logged
C100
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote C100 Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 12:11am
I use free3of9 barcode fonts in my reports, however these are just standard barcodes and not the fancy 2D Q codes. Ive never found a free 2D solution, ID automation seems to be the cheeper for licensing. The other way you could go is to pass your serial number to an external Qcode generator website and then show the returned url image, however CR doesnt support proxy servers so it isnt something I have played with.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum