| Author |
Message |
pkfox
Newbie
Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Topic: Summary report only Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:15pm |
Hi all I would like a report that summarizes totals per user per month for a given year - I don't need to see the breakdown just the totals - my first thoughts on how to achieve this were grouping on user and grouping on the month within that. Then I thought is it possible to code this in a formula - along the lines of this pseudocode
currencyvar x := sum(amt) for <condition>
|
|
We can't stop here, this is bat country. Hunter S Thompson RIP.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 4:12am |
|
Have you looked at running totals (Evaluate options) and put them in the Group Footer.
|
IP Logged |
|
pkfox
Newbie
Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 7:31am |
|
I have but they are not flexible enough for my needs
|
|
We can't stop here, this is bat country. Hunter S Thompson RIP.
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:30am |
|
With using conditional statements in a formula and making manual running totals, I have managed to go well beyond what a running total can achieve. I guess it depends a little bit on your programming skills. With more details on what you are actually trying to achieve, we may be able to assist.
|
IP Logged |
|
pkfox
Newbie
Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:50am |
|
Hi there my orogramming skills are ok ( 40 years in the business ) it's Crystal that I don't know very well
|
|
We can't stop here, this is bat country. Hunter S Thompson RIP.
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 1:08pm |
|
So supply us with some details and see if it is possible (please).
|
IP Logged |
|
pkfox
Newbie
Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:10pm |
|
Hi and thanks for your patience I will do my best to explain what I'm doing. I need to report on the leads and deals my sales team have achieved over a given year and split them into months, for every sales person I need to count the number of leads and deals made. Just to give you some background my team organise finance for private medical practioners so a lead is defined as "contact has been made" and a deal is when the finance has been arranged and passed on to the client. So I need the number of leads and the number of deals. Here comes the rub 😀 , I need to be able to filter on agreement types "Personal"," Business" etc... and whether they are regulated "Reg" or "Non Reg" , the report can also be filtered by sales person(s) and any combination of these ( there are 10 agreement types ) I hope this helps.
Edited by pkfox - 09 Sep 2015 at 8:17pm
|
|
We can't stop here, this is bat country. Hunter S Thompson RIP.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|