Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Summary report only Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pkfox
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote pkfox Replybullet Topic: Summary report only
     Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:15pm
Hi all I would like a report that summarizes totals per user per month for a given year - I don't need to see the breakdown just the totals - my first thoughts on how to achieve this were grouping on user and grouping on the month within that. Then I thought is it possible to code this in a formula - along the lines of this pseudocode


currencyvar x := sum(amt) for <condition>


We can't stop here, this is bat country. Hunter S Thompson RIP.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 4:12am
Have you looked at running totals (Evaluate options) and put them in the Group Footer.
IP IP Logged
pkfox
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote pkfox Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 7:31am
I have but they are not flexible enough for my needs
We can't stop here, this is bat country. Hunter S Thompson RIP.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:30am
With using conditional statements in a formula and making manual running totals,  I have managed to go well beyond what a running total can achieve. I guess it depends a little bit on your programming skills.  With more details on what you are actually trying to achieve, we may be able to assist.
IP IP Logged
pkfox
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote pkfox Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:50am
Hi there my orogramming skills are ok ( 40 years in the business ) it's Crystal that I don't know very well
We can't stop here, this is bat country. Hunter S Thompson RIP.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 1:08pm
So supply us with some details and see if it is possible (please).
IP IP Logged
pkfox
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote pkfox Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:10pm
Hi and thanks for your patience I will do my best to explain what I'm doing. I need to report on the leads and deals my sales team have achieved over a given year and split them into months, for every sales person I need to count the number of leads and deals made. Just to give you some background my team organise finance for private medical practioners so a lead is defined as "contact has been made" and a deal is when the finance has been arranged and passed on to the client. So I need the number of leads and the number of deals. Here comes the rub 😀 , I need to be able to filter on agreement types "Personal"," Business" etc... and whether they are regulated "Reg" or "Non Reg" , the report can also be filtered by sales person(s) and any combination of these ( there are 10 agreement types ) I hope this helps.


Edited by pkfox - 09 Sep 2015 at 8:17pm
We can't stop here, this is bat country. Hunter S Thompson RIP.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum