Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: DateTime Formatting Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bjaq
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 May 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote bjaq Replybullet Topic: DateTime Formatting
     Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 4:12am
Our software has to support regional settings for US and United Kingdom. I had to edit all of our reports to use the System Default Short Format. The problem I have now is that my time for both US and UK show seconds which takes up valuable space on my report that I don't have and in some cases truncates the field information. Does anyone know of a way to remove the seconds that will not effect the UK times. If I edit the times to remove the seconds it displays the AM and PM on the UK times which is not the standard. The final result that I would like to see is for example 11:00AM for US and 11:00 for UK.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 6:29am
well, the simple type of solution...could you use a parameter to signify US or UK.

The other might be if you can ask for the time zone the report is being run in. I don't know for sure, but time zones in the UK should be a whole lot closer to GMT than in the US. With this information, you could create a formula to convert the date/time to the proper display.

Just playing real quick, there is a Print Time Zone Special Field that you can use. The second value in the string is the offset from GMT (at least that is my guess).

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum