Dealing with fines, we can work out (for a given date range):
- the total of fines issued,
- the total payments received, and
- the difference between these two figures which will show the unpaid value of the fines issued.
The group header contains the fine amount, the sum of payments received and the 'balance' which is the difference between the two.
Details shows the fine payments
I have a formula in the group footer which will show the written off value when a date is in the 'closed' field for the record set.
What I can't now do is get a total of these 'written off' values in the report footer. The formula isn't available to add to a running total. When its added to the report footer, it shows zero.
When I add the 'write off' formula to a running total, I get an error about "a running total cannot refer to a print time formula".
I'm a bit stuck at the last hurdle.
Any suggestions welcomed!