Topic: Left outer join, "date" field not stored as date Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 8:37am
JD Edwards doesn’t use dates, it uses a modified Julian date which is basically useless. The way to get a date from the stored data is by a formula: {@OrderDateAsDate} =
DateAdd ("d",({table2.field} mod 1000)-1, DATE((1900+INT({table2.field }/1000)),1,1)) (
Table1 is in an excel worksheet
I want all {table1.partno} from Excel
I only want data from JDE that falls within a data range based on the formula date, which is not a linkable field. {@OrderDateAsDate} >= DateTime (2015, 01, 01, 00, 00, 00)
how can I return a row containing the table2.partno when no data falls within the date range?
Obviously left outer join doesn’t work, ISNULL doesn’t work. (I don’t want to return all the data and hide the rows falling outside the date range. I have too many summaries and running totals I’d have to write formulas to only sum/min/max/avg/etc the data in the date range.)
I’m not allowed to create views of the JDE database the SQL Server.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum