Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to do Left Trim Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
eeps24
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jul 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote eeps24 Replybullet Topic: How to do Left Trim
     Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 3:11am
I am new to crystal, can someone walk me through on how to do a left trim to a field I have in crystal?

Thank you
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:38am
ltrim({stringfield})
IP IP Logged
eeps24
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jul 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote eeps24 Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 8:52am
im going to ask a stupid question. Can you please tell me where I can do this? When I right click on my field? what do I select to get to where I have to go?

thank you so much.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 12:47pm
You have to make a formula and put the code there.  And of course use the formula in the report.


Edited by kevlray - 04 Aug 2015 at 12:47pm
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:46am
to help clarify kevlray's solution, you are not altering the original data which I think you may be expecting.
You are creating a formula field that you are filling with the trimmed value. The original field remains untouched.
Crystal does not change values in the source data.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum