Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Update a value Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 3:02am
I have a report with 2 groups (the report is about hotel rooms) Is there any way I can update a value in the inner group? The outer group is an account group. The inner group is a room group. Each account can have many rooms. For each account there is a fixed credit that is coming from an sql view I have made. I want to be able to update a value that exists in the room group. Is this possible? For example this value could be 1 for room 501 (account number 8932) and then for room 502(same account number 8932) should becomeĀ 2. Thank you.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 9:25am
I'm a little confused by the question. Are you saying that you want CR to update a field's value in the SQL database? If so, that is possible, but very complicated and a lot of places to mess it up. I wrote about it in chapter 11, Maximizing SQL Performance. I suggest you pick up a copy of the book to find out how it works.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum