Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Select Expert = LIST? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vzh101
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote vzh101 Replybullet Topic: Select Expert = LIST?
     Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 9:13am
I have 609,000 IDs that I need to specifically pull in from the database. I tried using the Select Expert to set it to EQUAL, LIKE, and IN but i think there is a limit of IDs that I can pull. Have anyone come across this issue?
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 9:41am
It is unclear what you are asking.  Do you need to have these 609,000 IDs in a drop down list.  If so, I believe (depending on your version of CR) you can modify the registry setting on this, but you could take a big performance hit.
IP IP Logged
vzh101
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote vzh101 Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 10:21am
I actually found a way to Add Command but it only pasted 5000 of the IDs. For Example:

Select PID, Name, Description
From Table1
Where PID in ['0001', '0002', ...
IP IP Logged
bowja
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote bowja Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 9:31pm
I am guessing the criteria used to identify which 609K records you used cannot be used in their place?

I have pulled up 1000K records before but not from a specific select statement.  If they are limited in the number of values perhaps you can reduce the number with an OR condition?

(PID in 1 to 23 OR
PID in 30 to 57 OR
PID in 99 to 169)
If you think you can or think you can't you are right - Paraphrased quote Henry Ford
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum