Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Topic: IDs "is one of" formula question Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 5:38am
Is there a way to massively import the ID numbers into the "is one of" formula?
I have report that they wanted the specific ID number but there are thousands of them. I wonder if there is a way to get that in the formula with out copy and paste each individual one into the formula.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 5:54am
what is your source?
I have copied cells from one source into a text editor and used a find/replace of a line feed with a comma.
you can then paste that result into the select expert formula editor.
Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 5:59am
It's Excel CSV. I was thinking of copying that cell into Notepad and use find/replace however there is no special character that I can search to replace "ID number", with though
Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:06am
It's Excel CSV. I was thinking of copying that cell into Notepad and use find/replace however there is no special character that I can search to replace "ID number", with.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:27am
I copied all cells (column) from spreadsheet
paste into WorPad
select All
Copy all
Paste into MS Word
ctrl+H (replace)
in Find what use ^p
replace with a ,
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum