Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: IDs "is one of" formula question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vzh101
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote vzh101 Replybullet Topic: IDs "is one of" formula question
     Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 5:38am
Is there a way to massively import the ID numbers into the "is one of" formula?

I have report that they wanted the specific ID number but there are thousands of them. I wonder if there is a way to get that in the formula with out copy and paste each individual one into the formula.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 5:54am
what is your source?
I have copied cells from one source into a text editor and used a find/replace of a line feed with a comma.
you can then paste that result into the select expert formula editor.
IP IP Logged
vzh101
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote vzh101 Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 5:59am
It's Excel CSV. I was thinking of copying that cell into Notepad and use find/replace however there is no special character that I can search to replace "ID number", with though
IP IP Logged
vzh101
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote vzh101 Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:06am
It's Excel CSV. I was thinking of copying that cell into Notepad and use find/replace however there is no special character that I can search to replace "ID number", with.

How did you replace yours?

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
vzh101
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote vzh101 Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:21am
I think I found out how to edit it. I am using Notepad++ and was able to add character in the beginning and end of line. Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:27am
I copied all cells (column) from spreadsheet
paste into WorPad
select All
Copy all
Paste into MS Word
ctrl+H (replace)
in Find what use ^p
replace with a ,


Edited by DBlank - 16 Jul 2015 at 6:27am
IP IP Logged
vzh101
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote vzh101 Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 8:35am
Now I have a problem. Since I have so much IDs like 609K that it's not allowing me to input that in the formula. I guess there is a limit. Any idea?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 9:55am
Can you use a range with an excluded set?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum