Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Errors installing CR XI R2 libraries Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mapon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Location: Spain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote mapon Replybullet Topic: Errors installing CR XI R2 libraries
     Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:30pm
Hi, I 'm creating a piece of code in VB6 that loads a Crystal-Reports-XI-R2-SP4 .rpt files.
To run these reports in clients, i use a Crystal installable .msi:
* Crystal Reports 11.msi - v11 (For Windows XP )
* Crystal Reports 11R2_SP6.msi - v11.5 ( for windows W7, W8 , W8.1 ) .
The code works perfectly on XP machines by installing the corresponding package (v11), but when I install the R2 package (v11.5) in W8, W8.1 and i try to run a report, i get an error indicating that crviewer.dll or one of its dependencies can“t be found. However the installation of MSI package does not fail and it seems that the libraries are properly registered.
I also installed C ++ libraries ( 2005,2008,2010,2012 ) because I read that may be necessary.
I get the rpt files, I do not create them. I create the code on a machine with xp, msi v11 and VB6 installed.
On the computers of my colleagues with W8.1 it works perfectly, but we do not know why.
It must be the development tools they use and the components they have installed as VStudio2010.
I need to make these reports work and I need it as soon as posible.
I would appreciate any suggestions .
Thank You
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 4:16am
Crystal XI R2 went out of support several years ago. The various versions of Windows 8 came out after the end of support date. So, this version of Crystal is not supported on newer OS versions.

Unfortunately, you're only long term option will be to upgrade your app to .NET and either VS 2008 (Crystal 2008) or an newer version of VS (Crystal for VS SP14) which is no longer packaged with Crystal Reports, but can be downloaded from here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum