Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formating Changes Will Not Hold Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bremen
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 28 May 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Quote bremen Replybullet Topic: Formating Changes Will Not Hold
     Posted: 18 May 2015 at 6:08am
I am working with a simple pie chart.  I am trying to get the formatting the way I want it, but the changes will not take effect.  I want to increase the size of the font for the legend and place the data point inside the pie chart vs outside with a line. 

Steps I am taking:

for the legend font size -

1) From the design window left click on the legend entry that represents the text in the legend.
2)Right Click on that entry and select the option to "Format Legend Entry".
3)On the Font Tab select the size I want.

I have also tried these steps from the preview window.  I have also tried resizing the pie chart in case it was a matter of not having enough real estate.

for the data inside the pie chart slices -

1) From the design i right click on the chart and select char options.
2) From the data labels tab I have the option selected to show values.
3) from the drop down i choose center slice and lick OK.

The window closes, but my changes do not take effect. 
IP IP Logged
Erik
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Quote Erik Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:43am
Are you able to save other changes to the report?

If you are using Windows 7, does it make any difference to "Run As Administrator"?

This sounds more like a permission issue than a functionality issue, but if it is a functionality issue it could be a bug, and would be worth noting your client version.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum