|
We have a document imaging system where I wrote a QA report which gives a list of document batches for a particular day, and lists any page count discrepancies between the source system (scan) and the destination system (storage).
I also wrote a separate QA report where staff take any batch numbers with page discrepancies from the first report, and punch them in to get at the individual document details within the batch, where as the first report is overall batch details only.
I've been able to automate the first report, and it's been requested that I somehow automate the second report based on the results of the first.
----------
Here are some ways I've considered going about this. If anyone has any suggestions for which would be the best, or if there are better ideas I would be very happy to hear them.
1) Create a subreport and pass the results from the first report as Parameters to the subreport. The part that makes my head spin here is that the subreport may need to be run multiple times for multiple values.
2) Create a new report, not a subreport, take the formula that produces the values I want from the first report, and place it into the Select Criteria of this report.
What makes this especially tricky is that my primary report is a SQL Command that joins 2 different databases. So I'm not sure how feasible it would be to translate this into Select Criteria.
|