Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Export to csv by default in Crystal 11.5 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mbrayco
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote mbrayco Replybullet Topic: Export to csv by default in Crystal 11.5
     Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:10am
Hello everyone,

I have a crystal report that searches for production orders based on a parameter entered by the report user. The report then has to be exported manually to csv so it can be recognized by automatic part nesting software. I've seen where Crystal has export options where you can set the defaults for a given export format, but I want the export process to be automatic, so that all the user has to do is open and run the report (and of course be prompted for a new parameter). Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
IP IP Logged
Erik
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Quote Erik Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2015 at 10:43am
You can set the export defaults in the thick client under File > Export > Report Export Options.

From there you can configure Default Settings for scheduling in the Central Management Console.

Both settings should carry over when the report is run on demand in InfoView.
IP IP Logged
mbrayco
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote mbrayco Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2015 at 10:59am
Thanks for the information, Erik. I've got the export report options set. However, I found I cannot access the Central Management Console you mentioned, since I do not have Crystal Reports Enterprise, but rather Crystal Reports Developer.
IP IP Logged
Erik
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Quote Erik Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2015 at 11:24am
The only way I know how to do what you want is through Enterprise, either via InfoView or CMC. Although InfoView can't set as many parameters as CMC, but should be able to schedule. I don't have familiarity with Developer, sorry.
IP IP Logged
mbrayco
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote mbrayco Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:32am
No problem. Thanks again for your help.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum