Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:12am
I miss read the original question. I thought you said you did not know how to do the customer grouping. Anyhow. I missed what the issue really is. Sound like you need to hard code Fiscal Years in a way.
Simplified formula to get the right year of the fiscal year.
if month(currentdate) > 5 then year(currentdate) else year(currentdate)-1
Sometimes to get prior years (months) summaries requires sub-reports.
Joined: 06 May 2015
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:25am
Yes, I went to subreports and the select expert to get my month over month reporting. I was hoping to dynamically display the actual name of the month in a header, based on the transaction date but decided to take the easy route and just say "Current Year Month to Date" and "Prior Year Month to Date".
Separate subreports for each reporting period was the key.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum