Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Sort by summary totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kreusch
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote kreusch Replybullet Topic: Sort by summary totals
     Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 8:06am
I have a request from a user to be able to sort a report by various totals. The report is a MTD listing of the invoices, showing the totals for product sales, COS, Profit and Margin. It is grouped by customer.
I understand that I can put in a parameter for the user to select. P for sort by Customer Profit, M for sort by Customer Margin...etc, However when I try to use the group sort expert it will not let me use the summary fields for the sorting.
Is there a different way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 11:18am
you can only use group summary sort if that value value can be created by the insert summary option/button.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum