Joined: 03 Oct 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 6:26am
I think I got it ---
IF {Reports_Messaging_Recipients.FriendlyName} like "*PCT*" AND {Reports_Events.EventID}<> previous({Reports_Events.EventID}) then {Reports_Events.Key} else ({@Null})
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 6:34am
your process will work but to get any results to function in a crosstab can be tricky.
It will display the EventID on every row where the name is like PCT but using a distinct count of that formula result will disregard the duplicates in your summarization and the NULL responses are exlcuded from the summary as well.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:16am
I am confused.
I recommended you not use the previous() and just use the original formula I gave you. Your original request was about summarization via a Cross Tab (CT), not display on a row. What about the CT soluion is not accurate?
Also be careful to avoid the trap of how something displays in Crystal and how it calculates summary data. These two things are very different.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum