Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Help with removing rows Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Uziel
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Uziel Replybullet Topic: Help with removing rows
     Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 10:03am
Hi:
 
I am new at this and need some help
 
Basically I have a report running and it is giving me the information I need but too many rows.
 
What do I need to do to have everything shown in one row?
 
This is a sample of the result Im getting, but I have about 500 IDs, so Im getting 1000 rows when all I want is just one row where id and description code are the same
 
 
ID Description Code Description Reported Captured
W0U 1313  PHOTO LAB 7,869.00 0
W0U 1313  PHOTO LAB 0 1,152.61
 
 
This is the result I want
 
Just one row with the information needed
 
ID Description Code Description Reported Captured
W0U 1313  PHOTO LAB 7,869.00 1,152.61
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 10:13am
Try using groups.

Group based on ID and Description Code.  Suppress all the detail sections.  In the group footer, put the fields for ID and Description Code, and put Maximum ({MyReport.Description}), Sum ({MyReport.Reported}), and Sum ({MyReport.Captured}).

See if that does what you want.


IP IP Logged
Uziel
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Uziel Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 10:23am
I am really new at this, so maybe this is a dumb question but how do I group based on two fields?
 
 
IP IP Logged
hollis3
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote hollis3 Replybullet Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 3:56pm
You can  create two groups or create a formula with both fields then create a group on the formula.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum