| Author |
Message |
ravenous
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
|

Topic: Percentage in Bar Chart Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:10am |
|
Hey all,
I have a report that shows the sum of all records & the number with percentage of those records that meet a certain criteria. This is grouped by state.
The report looks and works great (thanks to DBlank!) but I'm running into a problem. I have the percentage and sum calculated via a running total.
My problem is that I cannot get the percentage formula (@Test) to show as an available field for use in a bar chart. Thoughts?
@Test
({#RTotal0})/distinctcount({table.RecordID},{@assigned_state})*100
Edited by ravenous - 23 Feb 2015 at 10:14am
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
ravenous
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
|

Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 2:25am |
|
What I don't get is how come I can put that value on the report yet I cannot chart on this value. Why is that?
If my report shows
SC - 78%
NC - 45%
Al - 23%
Then I would think I could easily make a chart that shows the 3 percentages.
Edited by ravenous - 25 Feb 2015 at 2:25am
|
IP Logged |
|
ravenous
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
|

Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 4:11am |
|
I think I'm gonna have to scrap CR and use Excel to get this done, which sucks. I've tried passing the variables to a sub report and vice-versa as well as trying to use the 3 formula trick to get running totals but I've been at this for awhile now, I'm gonna have to stop. I feel so defeated.....my boss and my boss's boss are mad at me.....
Edited by ravenous - 25 Feb 2015 at 4:42am
|
IP Logged |
|
adavis
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
|

Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 5:57am |
|
You can show percentages on charts. I'm not sure what your data or report look like, but if you are trying to show percentages on a bar chart try this:
Insert a chart, select bar chart as your type. Under data tab, enter the data you are trying to show, I'm guessing states and whatever it is your are trying to show a percentage for. Then, under the show values dialog, highlight the value you entered there and then click the "set Summary Operation" button. In the Edit Summary dialog that pops up, click the "show as a percentage of" box under Options.
Does this help?
Edit: Also, tell your boss if they want a CR expert to send you to training. :)
Edited by adavis - 25 Feb 2015 at 5:58am
|
IP Logged |
|
ravenous
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
|

Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 6:11am |
|
No, it didn't help. Thanks anyway, though.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|