Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Topic: Sort Formula Field Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 6:39am
I need to sort a formula field in descending order after it shows the data in the three types of groups and was wondering how I go about accomplishing that. If anyone could offer any insight it would be appreciated.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 7:01am
please explain more...
you need to have the groups sorted?
In descending order based on what? A group sum or count?
group sorting can be done only against summarized data using functions like count, sum, average. It cannot be done with Running Totals or shared variable results.
Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 7:13am
I have a formula that calculates the variance of purchase order quantities and I want the highest variance listed on the top, but since it is a formula field there is not a section to sort. The details are broken out into multiple groups based on the PO type. I have listed an example of how the report is broken up currently. I want to have in the SCAN section it go in order of 4, 1, & -4 and in the AUTO section it go in order of 5, -1. Hope this helps.
Item Avg Qty Cur Qty Var
SCAN
40555 5 6 1
40557 8 4 -4
12124 4 8 4
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum