Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Left Outer Join is not working Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gizmosilly
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote gizmosilly Replybullet Topic: Left Outer Join is not working
     Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 9:50am
I am joining two tables and I am using a left outer join because I want to see all records from the primary table regardless if they are in the 2nd table or not.  Yet it still drops the records that do not exist in the 2nd table.  I was doing this in a sub report so then I decided to first write the report to get the desired results then add it to the main report as a sub report.  This did not help as I am having the same results even when I try to create it as a report.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 10:18am
1. if you are not using fields from both tables or did not set the join to enforced it will act is there is no join at all.
2. if you daisy chained tables you need to account for that inall of the joins
3. the usual issue: you are applying a select statement. The select is done after the join and frequently drops out the records that you wanted to left join in. It does not necessarily make it act like an inner join but often appers similar to it.


Edited by DBlank - 09 Jan 2015 at 10:18am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum