Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Surpress Box at group header 1 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ridershaun
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote ridershaun Replybullet Topic: Surpress Box at group header 1
     Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 9:10am
I currently have a report that based on the date range shows values in par locations that have been scanned more than once. I have a box around the group header one and the details. In group header one section expert I have a formula to suppress the name of the par location if for the date range no values have been scanned more than once. My problem is the box still shows and creates a very small box on my report. Is there anyway to suppress the box totally.

Thank You
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 12:18pm
I am not sure...obviously not directly. What I would try is in Section Expert and checking the box to suppress if blank...not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try

HTH
IP IP Logged
ridershaun
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote ridershaun Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 3:09am
I gave it a try, but no luck.
IP IP Logged
adavis
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Quote adavis Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 3:32am
Instead of drawing a box, you could use the border settings on the text object to apply a top, bottom, left, and right border on the object. If the field is null, it wouldn't draw, thus no box.
IP IP Logged
ridershaun
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote ridershaun Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 7:53am
The box is around the group header and details so I cannot create a border around a text box. I wanted each group header and details for each change in section within their own box.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 8:51am
IMO a few things to consider
1. if the box is a user request, consider discussing alternatives for the purpose - I find many report requests are based on a unfounded assumptions of what the user thought to be an easy thing to do. They often are open to design changes that might handle a function of the report better than what they were able to think, or a formatting issue just ultimately is not worth the time and money spent to get it so they drop it.
2. reconsider adavis' suggestion but using top and side text borders that can handle conditional suppression in the header and side and bottom text borders in the detail section
3. Use the group select to exclude groups not meeting your condition entirely from the printed report. This would remove the header, detail and footer for the entire group.


Edited by DBlank - 09 Jan 2015 at 8:55am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum