Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Topic: Need help connecting to an MS SQL database Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 4:01am
Hello again:
I have been using CR 2011 for about one year now. All the reports have been coming from a Sybase server/database.
But, now we need to connect to an MS SQL server/database. I can connect to the MS SQL server/database using MS SQL Studio, but have problems connecting using CR.
When I create a new blank report, should I choose CREATE NEW CONNECTION -> ODBC (RDO)?
When I do this, a screen appears asking for the DSN. I don't think the MS SQL server has a DSN setup.
Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 5:42am
UPDATE to problem...
I have learned how to create a DSN by going to CONTROL PANEL -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC). The wizard creates the DSN and even successfully tests the connectivity at the end of the setup.
But, even after creating a System DSN for the MS SQL server/Database, CR won't recognize it as an option when creating a new blank report. There must be another step I am missing. I am sure this has been done before since MS SQL servers/databases are used by a lot of businesses.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum