Topic: Grouping issue Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 3:42am
Hello,
I am currently using Crystal Reports 2013. I have an issue with grouping that is splitting up group b due to group a when I would like group b to remain together.
Example:
Group A: Want date
Group B: Work Order Number
Group C: Work Order Leg
My ultimate goal is to group each work order and sort by want date.
The issue: Since leg 0 contains the want date information in the workorder, all other legs within that workorder fall into a blank want date bucket.
Effect: Its causing workorder numbers to split. One shows with the leg 0 and the want date information and the other shows with the remaining legs and no want date info.
Hopeful solution: Somehow relate the non 0 legs to the 0 leg want date so all legs are grouped under 1 workorder number.
I apologize if this is not clear but hopefully we can work towards a solution.
Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 3:55am
Have you tried switching your grouping so that group A is work order number, group b is work order leg, and group c is want date?
I'm not sure what a "want date" or "work order leg" is, so it is hard to say if that reorganization would provide the desired result, but it sounds like you are getting your records split because some factor is true for 1 record under the other two parameters which is causing the record to appear more than once.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 4:00am
I agree with adavis.
To expand a little bit more you likley only need the one group (on work order #) then use a min or max function on the "want date" and sort the WO# group according to that result
Thank you for the quick replies. I have attempted adavis advice. Im trying to test the results now.
DBlank, could you please elaborate a little further. I do consider myself a novice. Are you referring to the group sort by formula? If so, how would that formula look?
EDIT: I had a higher level group that was overriding the sort. I've adjusted it. Your solution worked. Truly appreciated since I've been attempting a fix for over a week...
"I have the sort option set but something must be overriding the sort. No changes occur when I set to "all" base on "Max of WORK_ORDER.DESIRED_WANT_DATE". The screen blips as if it refreshed. Any ideas?"
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum