Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Display Data in Page Header Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Topic: Display Data in Page Header
     Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 4:48am
Hi, I have a weird request. First my set up: I have a crystal report (2008) I am builiding that reads from an Excel file. Every 2 weeks this Excel file is updated and contains 12 months of data; however, the Crystal Report has everything but the last 2 weeks of the report conditionally suppresed. The report is grouped by ID, then by Care System
 
This is a report that specified directors will look at only if they have records for their respective Care System. (e.g. last 2 weeks had 3 Care Systems, so only those directors will want to look at it, the 2 week prior had 3 other care systems so only those directors want to look at it, and so on).
 
Today, I email this report out as an Excel attachment only to the directors that have records. (nice and convenient). Future state is that directors will be able to go pull this report themselves via LBI (Lawson Business Intelligence) and LBI reads my Crystal Report.
 
Now for my question: Since I won't be hand delivering these anymore, directors will have to go look at the report and determine if they have records. I want them to be able to just look at the Page Header and see if their Care System has records over the last 2 weeks. If they do not see their Care System, they can just close out. If they do, they can look at the report.
 
Please note: I cannot have parameters in this report (e.g. Director select their Care System to see only those records, else I would have gone that route).
 
Make sense?


Edited by thummel1 - 08 Dec 2014 at 4:48am
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 7:56am

Maybe use a NULL formula trick to replace records pre 2 weeks to a NULL then do a crosstab from that formula result.

Otherwise I think it would have to be a subreport


Edited by DBlank - 08 Dec 2014 at 7:57am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum