Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Topic: Subreport Links Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 6:11am
Afternoon all,
I am experiencing a really strange issue, relating to Subreports and the linking options available. I've got two Databases (completely separate) and the results when looking at Subreport links are very different.
Database one
I have setup the subreport to hold all data (list of all system names) and have then setup a link from the Main Report to Subreport (MR.SystemName --> SR.SystemName) which then only shows the system names I have chosen in the main report.
Database two
When I do the same above but on this database the filtered data duplicate for every entry that there is in the Subreport. For example; if there is 30 system names but, using the Subreport link, I select only one name to display - that system name will then duplicate 30 times.
This is really strange and I cannot figure out why the second database is doing what it is. My end goal is to hopefully have multiple subreports for both databases and control the conditions from the main report for both Databases.
Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 10:27pm
Thanks DBlank - that's very interesting, for two reasons...
1) I thought I'd tried putting the Subreport in the Report Header (obviously not!)
2) The subreport for Database one is in the details section but does not duplicate - what you have said makes sense but I would have thought this should be duplicating??
Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 10:48pm
Hi Dan,
One other thing; your help has been excellent and, as a result, I have been able to build the report I wanted.
At the moment I have multiple subreports (some for Database 1 and some for Database 2) and am using Links on the subreports to control the data from the main report.
To do this I have had to include the two databases as separate entities, as they have no common fields, which obviously introduces multiple start points.
This works but is there a better way of doing this as Crystal tells me this way of doing things isn't supported....
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum