Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Regarding bar charts: How to set bar size? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
karll
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote karll Replybullet Topic: Regarding bar charts: How to set bar size?
     Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 11:31pm
Hi!

How can I make nice charts bars that keeps the same bar size, no matter of how many bars I have in one charts?

I have two images to illustrate my problem. The first is when I have many values, i.e. many bars. On the second, I have just two bars.
The chart's height is constant, and the bar size is divided over that area.

Charts%20with%20many%20bars

Charts%20with%20two%20bars

I would like the bar size to be constant and the charts size should expand if I have many bars. Is this possible to do?

Please help me, if you can.

B.R.
Karl
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 4:56am
You can sort of do this.  In the Chart Options, you can play with the Gap and Overlap values to modify the largest bar you can get.  (In Chart Expert, you can also change the bar size with somewhat cruder control.)  If you have enough bars that they won't all fit on the graph, though, Crystal will automatically shrink the bars to fit.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to alter the size of the report dynamically.  It is what it is. 
IP IP Logged
Dan3D
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Dan3D Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2008 at 9:29pm
If all else fails, I have just added a feature to CRChart 3.1 to do exactly what you want. You specify a "virtual number of bars" and the graph always draws as if their were that many bars, even if your dataset is much smaller. 
 
So charts with just one or two or three bars look just like charts with 15 bars, etc.
 
This is so new that it isn't even in our online demo's yet. But if you contact me at danw@threedgraphics.com, I'll get you a free evaluation to play with.
 
Regards,
 
Dan Weingart
Author, CRChart
Threedgraphics.com
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum