Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sub-report Parameter Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mdhk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mdhk Replybullet Topic: Sub-report Parameter Problem
     Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 6:15pm
I have a report with about 10 sub-report, 3 of them is having a same problem. After setup the sub-report parameter link, I preview the report under the designer and it only prompt for the parameters of my main report and generate the report wihtout any error.
 
But after I save the report to the server, from the CR console, I found the parameters for the sub-report was display on the Parameter Screen.
 
To make it even worse, I got an 'Logon error' when ever I intend to generate the sub-report (but the sub-report is not suppose to require logon??).
 
I have already try the following and none of it work:
1) delete the sub-report and re-create it
2) change the name of the sub-report parameter
3) re-generate the store procedure for the sub-report
 
So, what is happening??
IP IP Logged
Savan
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 10:46pm
i would like to suggest to check the links between main report and sub report
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 18 Jan 2008 at 5:12am
Particularly check the links between the parameters.

You may also have an issue if the main report is based on a view, while the subreport is based on a stored procedure, or vice versa.  I know that my ODBC connection requires me to log on a second time if I switch from a report based on a view to one based on an SP.  Try changing them all to be based on stored procedures.

In general, check to see if there are any differences between the ODBC connection from your server, and the one from your PC.  Also, check to make sure that all of your subreports are, in fact, using the same connection information.


IP IP Logged
mdhk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mdhk Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2008 at 2:03am

I have check the links many times. The strange thing is even I delete the sub-report and re-create it, the problem still exists. Cry

P.S. Both the main report and sub-report are using stored procedures.
IP IP Logged
Savan
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2008 at 2:08am
please create the parameters which you have in the mainreport in subreport also. and link the parameters in the sub report with the main report parameters. I hope this will solve your issue.
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
mdhk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mdhk Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2008 at 5:28pm
Hi Savan,
 
I am already using this method. I even made both parameters using the same name.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum