Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cross tab special summary formulas Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bspencer1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Nov 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote bspencer1 Replybullet Topic: Cross tab special summary formulas
     Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 4:47am
Hello, everyone.  I basically have a cross tab where the end user is requesting special formulas for the row totals.  If the image is too hard to see in this post, it can be accessed directly here:
 
 
Normally, the totaling function of the cross tab would suffice.  In this example, it would normally add up the Planned values and the Actual values in a total column on the right.  But, in this case, the planned value is supposed to the sum of the actual values before the current month + the planned values for the current and future months.  The actual total is to be the sum of the actual values for months prior to the current month.  The red boxes demonstrate what I am to add up for the planned total, for example.
 
I have formulas that do this, and I put them in a new cross tab off to the left of the main cross tab.  I was thinking that perhaps I could use a calculated member some how to get the totals in the main cross tab, but I was not sure.  I thought I would see if any of you had ideas. 
 
In case somebody wants to know, as an example, the total actuals is calculated this way (the planned value is calculated in a similar way):
 
IF ({AXResourceAvailability_query.Work Year} * 10000 + {AXResourceAvailability_query.Work Month} * 100) < (YEAR(CURRENTDATE) * 10000 + MONTH (CURRENTDATE) * 100)
THEN {AXResourceAvailability_query.Actual Hours} ELSE 0
 
 
  
IP IP Logged
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 11:09am
It's quite difficult to understand exactly what you are trying to do, to be honest. Could you try to explain in a simpler way?
IP IP Logged
bspencer1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Nov 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote bspencer1 Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 11:19am
It is a bit confusing when you look at it.  Made sense to me at the time...Bottom line is I need totals on the right hand side, but the normal totals the cross tab would add up on its own.  I need to apply a formula to how it gets calculated.  I thought I could do a calculated member, but I could not figure out how to make it work.
IP IP Logged
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 9:50pm
The total's you are trying to achieve - are you looking for the grand total of the whole column?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum