Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Summary Page (Text) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Topic: Summary Page (Text)
     Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 11:21pm
Morning all,

This is a bit of a strange one and I'm surprised that I haven't come across it yet, but here is the challenge:

I have a report with two Group's:

1) Customer Name
2) Computer Name

In the Detail section I have information about the Computer. Due to the amount of information in the Details section (which is required) the report spans over quite a few pages.

What I would like to do, on the first page of the report, is to have the following for each Computer:

Computer Name :: Status


Unfortunately the only ways I can think of to do this is:

1) But this information in the second Group Header and suppress the Details section (obviously removing the required information).

2) Create a Subreport with just the Computer Name and Status and import into the main report.


Is there an easier way of doing a summary page like this?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 4:00am
depending on how status is derived you can use a crosstab
IP IP Logged
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 5:08am
I didn't think of that!! I'll try it now...
IP IP Logged
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 5:30am
It sort of works...

As I only have two status's then the cross tab works quite well; showing a list of computers on the left hand side. Unfortunately, as is with a cross-tab, the table will only then show a 'count' of the status (in my case a 0 or a 1) but I can't conditionally format the text colour based on one of the status'...
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 5:39am
you can use a max or min of a text field (e.g. status).
If you only have a numerid representation of the status use a formula field to convert that to the string then do a min or max on that string formula
IP IP Logged
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 5:45am
Perfect.

You, sir, are a legend.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum