Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: Return all if any are missing Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 3:51am
i have a bunch of clients with multiple cases, some of these clients have cases with missing file dates. i am trying to create a report in Crystal that will return each client that is active and all that clients cases if any one of those cases is missing the file date.
CLIENT_ID CLIENT DOB ADDR PHONE
77 smith, jane 19910109 123 hill st. 34567891
CLIENT_ID CASE DESC FILE_DATE
77 1 bla bla 20140907
77 2 bla bla 20140930
68 smith, joe 19990502 123 mall st. 1234569632
68 1 bla bla 20140709
68 2 bla bla 20140506
68 3 bla bla
21 smith, greg 19720101 123 fall st. 1234568521
21 1 bla bla
21 2 bla bla
if any active client has active cases with missing file dates .....return that client and all their cases.
I'm using a main report that returns the clients if they are active and a sub-report that returns all the cases for that client. I linked the 2 reports with the client_id
In the example above i want to see all the cases for Joe Smith and Greg Smith because they have missing file dates but Jane Smith doesn't so I don't want her on the report at all. I just can't figure out how to write
that into my record selection criteria. [IMG]smileys/smiley19.gif" align="middle" />
Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 4:45am
I would prefer not to have a sub-report. So I just created a copy and moved everything to main report. I now have one group by Name and one group by Case (pulled in case_id). still can't figure out how to tell the case grouping to pull all the cases if any one of them is null??
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum