Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Hiding parameter prompt before report run Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
maas
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 May 2009
Location: Bahrain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote maas Replybullet Topic: Hiding parameter prompt before report run
     Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 1:40am
Hello team,

I am working on a 3rd party application which is integrated with the crystal report 2011. While running any report, the 3rd party application is generating a unique report no. in a database field which is called "rptno" in the {engine} table. So, each report is having its own unique figures and values by having the rptno as a main parameter in the select expert.


In my report, I am having a table which it is called {engine} and it has the field {rptno} which it is the report no. I defined a parameter called “ReportNumber” and its type is Number and then in the select expert, I defined the below statement:

{engine.rptno} = {?ReportNumber}


However, when I am running the report, it is prompting me to enter the ReportNumber parameter and it is not taking the value of the generated rptno where in some of the reports, the crystal reports is not prompting the users and it is passing the parameter properly, as well as, the value of the rptno.

I tried to remove the parameter and to run the report, however it worked fine, but I need to pass the rptno.

I need your assistant in stopping the report no. parameter prompt in my main report and to get the value from the parameter which is passed from the database field. Can you please assist me in solving the issue and I am using crystal report 2011.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 12:42pm
I would take a look at the reports that are working correctly. Make sure that the parameter name in your report is exactly the same as the one in the report that works, down to having the same case in the letters - "ReportNumber" is NOT the same as "Reportnumber"!

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum