Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report Performance Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Topic: Report Performance
     Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 2:20am
Afternoon all,

hope all had a nice weekend?


I have been experiencing bad performance issues with my Crystal Report when I apply a template that has thicker connector lines. The Crystal Report (currently) is one graph and I have applied the exact same template without thick connector lines with no issues!

Am I missing something or is there a reason that thick connector lines would cause the report to be much much much slower?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 5:24am
have no idea. does the report have subreports?

not really sure what a thick connector line is either...perhaps it signifies an outer join, which would pull more data than an inner join.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 5:48am
Hi Lockwelle,

connector line is the 'line' in a line graph. It's nothing more than data representation so thickness shouldn't cause a performance degradation.
IP IP Logged
z9962
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Quote z9962 Replybullet Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 9:44pm
I have used graphs in the past a lot, changing various settings and never had this happen, the only thing I can suggest is delete the graph and add it again?
 
Do you need to use templates? maybe there is something wrong with that template? Can you design it yourself?
 
Try and create a new report with basic dataset, add graph, then change line see if that does the same.
IP IP Logged
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 10:01pm
Morning,

It is rather strange! Ideally templates need to be used otherwise I'd have to manually update about 40+ graphs.

The issues seems to be slightly better now and I believe it may just be general performance of the report.

Maybe it has to be put down to one of those things that will never be explained!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum