| Author |
Message |
syseng
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Topic: Trying to refine an existing Roport Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 4:41am |
|
Hi I am new to Crystal Report, my boss want me to move 3 x different Areas into one Area, I really need some help can anyone help?
As I am new the only way I can explain what I need to do is, We have a VR, CW, and a BT area which I have to move to the "Other" Area any help!
Syseng
|
|
syseng
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
hilfy
Admin Group
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
|

Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 9:27am |
|
Is this for grouping on the report? If so, you can create a formula and group on that. It might look something like this:
If {mytable.field} in ['VR','CW','BT'] then 'Other' else {mytable.field}
-Dell
|
|
|
IP Logged |
|
syseng
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 11:26pm |
|
Thank Dell i will give that a try
Edited by syseng - 29 Sep 2014 at 12:29am
|
|
syseng
|
IP Logged |
|
syseng
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 12:36am |
|
no Joy when using the above fomula,
what is going on here the three areas VR,CW,BT
are no longer a part of the report so need to be move to "other" Area hope this is a bit clearer
Edited by syseng - 29 Sep 2014 at 4:08am
|
|
syseng
|
IP Logged |
|
hilfy
Admin Group
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
|

Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 4:17am |
|
"Area" is not really a Crystal term so I assumed that you are grouping on the field that provides these values. If you are, this should work. If you're not, please explain further how your data is put together and provide more information about how you expect this to work and what you mean by "Area".
Thanks!
-Dell
|
|
|
IP Logged |
|
syseng
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 4:26am |
|
Yes I am grouping on these files, so in which field do i write the formula? CW,VR, BT or Other?
Thanks
|
|
syseng
|
IP Logged |
|
hilfy
Admin Group
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
|

Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 4:30am |
|
Create the formula and then group on it instead of grouping on the field.
-Dell
|
|
|
IP Logged |
|
syseng
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 11:35pm |
|
Thanks Dell
|
|
syseng
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|