Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Topic: Table Of Contents Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 6:05am
Good afternoon all,
I have been searching around for a way of creating a Table Of Contents in my Crystal Report and have found some articles on t'internet that explain how to do this by writing back to the database etc.
From what I have read, though, this method is only for reports without subreports. Within my report I have multiple (c. 10) subreports; is there a way to create a TOC!?
Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 10:11pm
Hey!
Thank you for replying. Is the index dynamic; by which I mean if a page grows and the next 'section' moves onto a different page will the page number update?
When you say the user has to manually move the page to the front; is that a constant thing? The report I am running is an automated one so would ideally not have any human interaction...
unfortunately when
I was creating it, I had no way of writing back to the DB, therefore yes every
time the report ran it was required for it to be moved to the front (this was a quarterly report), ie when
printing just take last page and put it on top/front, or in PDF move the page.
I have seen / read
about the writing to db option, though I have never done this myself.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum