Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Self join in Oracle Posted: 18 Jan 2008 at 3:42pm
I am a new CR user and I have a question. Does anyone know if you can join a table to itself using CR 10? I can run this query in SQLPLUS so I know it works.
Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 6:46am
Hi SS,
What you can do is create a view at backend and the use the view in the report which is the best approach if you need to use selfjoin queries in crystal ...
or else you can use command object in crystal ,I am not sure for the syntax for oracle backend,try copying the same query as in oracle and paste in command object .
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 10:58am
Or, you can select the table twice in the Database Expert. When you do this, Crystal will tell you the table is already in the report and ask if you want to add an alias - select 'Yes'.
This will add your table with an "_1" at the end of the name. You can then link the two however you need to.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum