Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Printing Currency Symbol Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sbryan
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Sep 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote sbryan Replybullet Topic: Printing Currency Symbol
     Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 11:28am
Hi all,

I am creating financials statements with crystal from our database. I am looking for a formula that would allow me to pick which record or line to display the currency symbol. The crystal defaults are first line on each page or on every line. I need a currency symbol on the first numeric line(first line may be descriptive only) of each page and the last line of the report. But the first line of each page may or may not be where I need the currency symbol. Currently I need it on the third line of the first and second page and last line of the second page(last).
Rusty
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 5:11am
i am not sure, but I would think that you could write a formula that would display the number as desired.

something like:
if (your criteria) then
totext({table.field},0,"", "$9.00")
else
totext({table.field},0,"","9.00")

it's the last value, it is a pattern to be used on how to display the number. you can look in Help for more information.

Hope it helps.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum