Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Topic: which report is running Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 9:16am
I am working with a third party app, that uses embedded crystal reports. I want to make a minor adjustment to one of the reports, but not sure which one it is. Is there anyway I can figure out which report is being rendered. I could probably get the procedure or SQL using SQL Profiler. If I had the procedure behind the report, could I determine which report is calling it?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 5:06am
not necessarily...you could have multiple reports using the data from the same procedure.
with that said, it certainly narrow it down.
along the same lines, if the report is embedded, doesn't that mean that you shouldn't be able to edit it? I don't know, I've never been in that situation.
last part of the answer, "rpt inspector" is a tool that will search all the Crystal reports and tell you all sorts of stuff about them (including the data source) so you won't need to open every report to figure out which are possibles.
I remember hearing that it had issues with Windows 7, and I have only used it on XP, so I do not know if the issues have been resolved.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum