Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Distinct Sum! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
skiabox
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote skiabox Replybullet Topic: Distinct Sum!
     Posted: 18 Jan 2008 at 2:18pm
I have designed a report with 2 tables and a view from an sql database.
In the detail section I have a field of the selection that is created by the report.That field is called 'bedaposo' and is a field from the view.
The view has a column with a key that is unique for every row of the view(like the candidate keys of tables).
The linking I have made with the linking expert brings me some rows with the same key.
I give an example here.
Original view :
bedakey   bedaposo
12345           10
12346           5
12347           20
12348           30
 
query that is generated by the report :
 
bedakey        bedaposo
12345                10
12345                10
12348                30
12349                35
 
I want to be able to generate by formula only and not by running total and grouping by the key a sum of the disticnt values of bedaposo.
In this example
 
10+30+35
 
Thank you!
IP IP Logged
skiabox
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote skiabox Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 12:44am
I managed to found a distinct sum method.
Let me first explain what the report does to see what I did because my final purpose for the report is not yet achieved :

The report has these columns:
AccountID , Arrangements, Extras, Credit, RoomNumber, RegistrationNumber, Name

At the details sections there are these sections :

Under Arrangements
@bepadoso1 : if (({QBEPROK.bedaflarr} = '1') AND (LEFT({QBEPROK.bedakind},1) <> 'P'))
then {QBEPROK.bedaposo}

Under Extras
@bedaposo2 : if (({QBEPROK.bedaflarr} <> '1') AND (LEFT({QBEPROK.bedakind},1) <> 'P'))
then {QBEPROK.bedaposo}

Under Credit
@bedaposo3 : if (LEFT({QBEPROK.bedakind},1) = 'P') then
{QBEPROK.bedaposo}

And 3 more fields :
bereg.berelog (means accountid)
bereg.bereroom (means roomnumber)
QBEPROK.bedakey (key field for QBEPROK)

For this report I use two tables and a view :

bekra - bereg - QBEPROK

The grouping is that :
bereg.berelog - A
-bereg.bereroom - A
--QBEPROK.bedakey - A

details are supressed.
GH3 and GF3 are supressed.

GF2 contains :

Group #1 Name , #RTotal0 under Arrangements ( @bedaposo1 sum,evaluate on change of group #3:QBEPROK.bedakey, reset on change of group #2:bereg.bereroom),
#RTotal1 under Extras (@bedaposo2 sum,evaluate on changeof group#3:QBEPROK.bedakey, reset on change of group #2:bereg.bereroom).

I have uploaded the report here :

http://rapidshare.com/files/85362090/Report1.rpt.html

As you will see I have added some formulas trying to achieve my final goal but I have not succeeded.
I will descibe my final goal here :

My final goal for this report is to have at each row the sum of arrangments + extras in the ???????(4th) field until ??????? (Credit in english) is gone for this account.
So in this example the total credit for this account is 240.
So I want in the first row in Credit column the number 69.
In the next row I have a remaining credit of 240-69 = 171 so I want the next row to display at credit column the number 50.
In the next row I have a remaining credit of 171-50 = 121 so I can display at the credit column the number 50.

So i want these results in the Credit column :
69 (because arrangements + extras = 69)
50
50
50
21 (here arrangements + extras = 68.5)
0
0
0
........

Any ideas what should I do from this point?Thnx!

P.S : The Formula that does the distinct sum is the @x3.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 11:52am
This doesn't look like a simple add or subtract.  How are you determining that the number is 50 or the number is 21?  Is it based on a range of some sort?
 
-Dell
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum